The nationality of its creator has been a source of argument between the two nation for many years, but formal research indicates New Zealand as the probable source.
The dessert is a popular dish an important part of the national cuisine of both countries, and with its simple recipe, is frequently served during celebratory and holiday meals (wikipedia).
And today I made a creamy mango pavlova.. its very delicate, crispy crust outside dan chewy inside..:)
Creamy Mango Pavlova
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 2 manggo, sliced thinly
- Beat egg whites in mediun bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form
- Gradually add sugar, beat until sugar is dissolved
- Fold through white vinegar
- Cut a 25 cm circle of foil or parchment paper, place onto greased baking tray. Spread meringue evenly over parchment paper.
- Bake at 120 c for 1 hour
- Turn oven off, leave door closed allow pavlova to cool in the oven
- Carefully peel awal the parchment paper, place pavlova onto serving dish.
- Pure 1 mango
- Whip cream until firm peaks form, fold in mango. Spread over pavlova
- Decorate with remaining sliced mangoes.